IN THE PLAN MODULE, YOU WILL LEARN:
- How to develop your advocacy strategy
- How to conduct a gap analysis
- How to identify your target audience
- How to build your advocacy implementation plan
- Spotting obstacles, opposition and opportunities
- How to map your advocacy resources
The initial research, mapping, and situation analysis recommended in the THINK section will help you lay the groundwork for developing your advocacy strategy and building your implementation plan.
In the THINK section, you will have begun by conducting an initial child health and immunisation landscape analysis in your country, understanding the decision-making processes and how vaccines are financed, and also mapping the important and influential people in the field.
The PLAN module aims to help you develop your advocacy strategy and planning for implementation.
To guide you in this process, the PLAN section will:
- Walk you through the steps for developing your advocacy strategy and its key components.
- Help you to understand how to conduct a gap analysis and identify your ask(s).
- Help you identify who you need to reach and how to identify your target audience.
- Guide you and provide tools for building your advocacy implementation plan.
- Provide tips for spotting obstacles, opposition, and opportunities that may help or hinder your advocacy efforts.
- Help you and provide tools for mapping your advocacy resource needs.
Once you have identified your gaps, your asks, and what needs to be changed, and while you are developing a solid advocacy strategy and implementation plan, you can also start developing strong evidence-based messages and partnerships as highlighted in the CREATE section which follows.
Taking time to PLAN is critical to ensure strategic and coordinated advocacy efforts, and to maximise your chances of success in support of strengthened immunisation.